The Department of Political Science conducts teaching and research within the fields of politics, public administration
and socio-economics. The department’s research takes place within a number of research units, all of which are involved in extensive international research networks and collaboration with public institutions, companies and other actors within their specific subject areas.
Potential areas of collaboration
Working with us will give companies and organisations access to the latest research and our many competences within areas such as:
- Welfare studies and analyses of the welfare state
Labour market conditions, including:
- The various forms of organisation, policy and management in the public sector, including processes of change and the relationship between administrations and their surroundings
- The effects of new forms of organisation and work methods in public administration
IT management, including:
- The development, implementation, use and management of IT resources and changes occasioned by the implementation of IT in the public domain and in the private and public sectors
Political participation and political communication, including:
- Elections and political parties, political opinions and opinion formation, and political participation and citizenship
- The connections between the mode of operation of the educational system and social, geographical and occupational patterns of mobility in society
- Evaluation and policy analysis
- Economics, business and politics
How can we help you?
Among other things, we offer to assist you with the following:
- Quantitative and qualitative surveys
- Analyses of relevance to the current political debate
- Social analyses and policy analyses
- Externally financed evaluations
In addition, we are facilitating two networks for professionals: one aimed at management and administration personnel and one aimed at high school social studies teachers.
We have extensive knowledge of the public sector at all levels – local, regional, national and international – and of
all sub-sectors, especially in connection with the welfare sectors, labour market sectors and healthcare sectors. In
addition, we have a vast knowledge of the private sector, particularly in terms of public regulation of its operations.
Find out more at www.dps.aau.dk